Plant Daddy

Monday, May 24, 2004

You Just Never Know

Oh brother/good grief, you just never know what is coming next. Things have changed a lot in the past 7 years. I went from working only with plants for 30 years (breeding research, commercial nursery and gardening) to doing welding, car restoration, surf fishing, steel sculpture, and (as of yesterday) some degree of woodworking, and now a BLOG.

Of course none of this could happen without the support of my family (i.e. “Mosaic Mom” wife [Barbara] and “Mind Escape” daughter [Helen]). Their blogs are in “quotes”. Thank you both for your continued love and support. You guys are great and excellent writers –I love you both.

Well, I have a new tool called a router. Oh boy routers are really cool, sort of like a dremel on steroids. It can make $3 piece of 2 x 6 look like a million bucks in a minute or two. Of course the sawdust is incredible, the closest thing to snow I will ever see in Florida. Ahhhh, but that is where my giant compressed air hose comes in handy. A few quick bursts and the dust is out of the shop and into the field along with any misplaced matches, papers and any other tools that weigh less than a pound or two. I need to study this for awhile.

I will get to plants later but I am a router boy for the moment.

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Esrejic said...

Heck yeah, compressed air. Also useful in cleaning is compressed air in reverse; i.e., vacuum. Blowing and sucking: staple functions in a variety of spheres.
*record scratch*
What?!!😬

 

Post a Comment

<< Home