Plant Daddy

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I got distracted...

Yesterday (Monday) seemed like a normal day. Got dressed, had coffee and was ready for the drive to work in the greenbean. Packed up and headed out the door and noticed what a beautiful cool day it was. Suddenly visions of August with its over supply of heat and humidiy filled the carport. Oh hell, forget work, I have a sculpture to finish.

Ten hours later the steel sunflower sculpture was done (46" across and 40 lb) and ready for mosiac mom to install the center. This is a mixed media project remember.

Dut to ever increasing back and leg pain, the sunflower sculpture was mounted on a frame on a large wheelbarrow for the trip to the mosaic studio. It is time to make some other engineering moves to lessen stress on certain body parts. The first will be to make a permanent stand to hold the flowers while being welded. My bench is too small and does not allow for good viewing necessary to properly align the petals, etc. Some sort of pulley system is also needed to help budge these things. I must make them big now since in a few years everything will have to be downsized due to the limits of age. But for now - BIGGER is BETTER, or should that be HUGER is BETTER.

Photos tomorrow - unless I get distracted. I have to go medicate myself now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home