Plant Daddy

Monday, May 30, 2005

Pinky is Back.

Mosaic Mom and I enjoy our blue and our white spiderworts. Years ago we also had a pink form but it got lost. Out of habit I always scan the populations of spiderworts that flower in the ditches along the highways in the spring. They are always blue (have never seen a white one either). But driving along highway 44 on the way to help move little MindEscape I thought I noticed a pink plant in the ditch along with several blues. It could have been a phlox since I was going 60.

Two weeks later on the same road and same mission, I stopped and looked and it was indeed a pink spiderwort. Later that day on trip 3 with shovel and pots in hand the plant was mine. We named it '44 Pink' but call it 'Pinky' for short. Pinky is happy in the backyard for now but will later be divided and spread around the yard. Once again the collection is complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home