Plant Daddy

Monday, July 04, 2005

Summer Fishing Dreams.

Surf fishing in the Atlantic Ocean requires a lot of preparation especially since it is a 150 mile round trip each time I go. To ensure the best chance of catching something I daily check out my three regular surf fishing boards to catch up on equipment and fishing reports. There are also 4 surf cams to check the local water quality and wave action. This is supplemented by computer generated tidal charts, moon phase calendars, wind forcasts and solunar tables.

Each fishing trip is documented in a dairy (years 3 now) that discusses weather conditions, tides, water temperture and clarity, bait and what was caught. What have I concluded so far? I do not know - too much data to analyze and I am so confused that my poles rarely get used.

For example, during 2003 I went surf fishing 21 times while during 2004 I went 15 times. So far in 2005 I have made it 5 times. Looks like too much data and not enough fishing to me. This has got to change --------- once it cools off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home