Plant Daddy

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Chum's the Word.

Can't fish since it is either too hot or the ocean is too rough, so I have devoted my time to studying chum. Never have really chummed before but now it is my new obsession. In the last month I have bought ready to dispense fish chum, gallons of fish oil, 50 lbs of fish food pellets, 10 lbs of cat litter, special plastic containers to hold it all and created my special chum torpedoes for use in the surf. I have enough potential chum to draw every fish in the county plus those within a mile of the beach.

Of course I have not gone fishing, but who needs too. Chum is where it's at. This weekend will be spent making the final special blends for both salt and fresh water. This will require measuring and recording each component, comparing dispersal flows (may have to use the swimming pool for this work) and making the final packaging. Did you know there are floating and sinking forms of fish food.

Of course keeping the smells out of mosaic mom's olfactory range will be critical. Looks like this is work for the Z shop. Next I will have to buy fragrance dispensers for all the Z cars.

Finally there will be the actual fishing test. Who knows when that will happen. May have to put that off due to fears that all the chumming may not work. Then what. I guess all the leftover chum should at least help the garden grow. I hope........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home