Plant Daddy

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

One Physical is over and............doctors can be on time..

Finished my annual physical today.....
All blood test etc... results were good --- really good....
Next week it is eyes.........
Then to the dermatologist.......

Why am I doing this?
I need to be in top fighting form when the new boss arrives July 1.
He is in for a suprise.
We old guys will fight to the finish.
Maybe I can outlast boss number 5.
This one is no gimme though.

The New Doctor -- this doctor (thanks to referral from mosaic mom) is on time. My appt. was for 10:00 and I walked in office at 9:57 and was taken to exam room at 10:01. Doc appeared at 10:04. We had a nice discussion about my test results and he did the finger thing....grrrr....I congratulated him on being prompt. He said it should be that way and that if he gets 15 minutes behind schedule he get edgy. With someone like this I am more likely to go back to discuss little problems since it is easy. I left the office at 10:24. Amazing...... He is my new hero......see world doctors can be on time if they choose.

The Old Doctor -- go for a 1:30 pm appt. Sit in cramped waiting room with 10 other sick people for 2.0 hours before he sees you. Lucky to get home in time for 5:00 pm supper. Go back in a week to check the new disease I picked up sitting in his waiting (I should call it his disease incubation room) room. He is no longer my doctor.....