Plant Daddy

Monday, January 05, 2009

Squeaky Shoes.............

Happy New Year.............squeak.....

Late last year I bought a new pair of shoes.........they squeaked...........that is not good for someone who prefers the "quiet approach" to life.......at work I soon got tired of people greeting me, based on the "Henny Squeak" without looking up every time I passed their offices.

So last week I bought 2 more pairs of shoes...........I could not believe that they squeaked when I walked around home on the concrete, on sand, on grass.......Good God I cannot even buy a pair 'squeakless' shooes I moaned to myself......In desperation I ground them into sand on concrete trying to wear off the squeak..........I bent them up like pretzels to stop it..........all to no avail.....

So in dispair and with a "to hell if it squeaks of not attitude" I wore them to work today (but had left an old dirty backup pair in the car) expecting the worst.......Miracle of miracles.....They DO NOT Squeak on our floors.....so now I am back to my old ways of sneaking around in silence.....I learn so much more that way......in fact you will not believe this one