Plant Daddy

Friday, October 09, 2009

Even Hotter Today.......so played inside.......

the lab where I made some microscopic photos of Philodendron micans buds that I was planing to put into tissue culture next week.....this was practice......below is a bud on the vine......The bud is the raised area to the right of the line that crosses the stem......the hole to the left of the bud is where an aerial root was removed..
Below is the same bud after I peeled off the outer skin....we call it the eyelid...........it looks a little rough but this was my first attempt.....
Now below is the same bud with the vine or stem material cut away. You can see how the growing point is no longer smooth (see top photo) since I removed the eyelid.....this is ready to be sterilized and put onto tissue culture medium.
So I need more practise but this beats 110 degrees (realfeel) outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home