Plant Daddy

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Adenium arabicum............(aka 'Stumpy').........

These are photos of my beloved Adenium arabicum (aka 'Stumpy')........ I have had this plant for at least 20 years.........the last 10 in the same pot 6-gallon pot...........

So 'Stumpy' is quite old and heavy..........at least 50 lbs........but soon stumpy will get a new pot.....

Stumpy has several traits of interest..........it has a magnificent caudex...........cuttings do not root at all for me (and I have propagated lots of Adenium from cuttings).......Stumpy does not cross with my other Adenium species...........Stumpy can take the cold (mid-30's) quite well......Stumpy has such small flowers for such a big body...........Stumpy's leaves are kind of fuzzy on the botttom......I need to try air layering Stumpy so I have a duplicate..........never seem to get there though......


Maybe one day I can get Stumpy hybrids and make plants with bigger flowers.........probably not.........but I love Stumpy anyway............

2 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Aaerelon said...

Your Adenium looks slightly more mature than mine. ;) Mine are almost a year old. I'm thinking about giving them a communal party. I noticed mine have slightly fuzzy leaves as well. Still no flowers but they have started to branch.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Tiggi said...

Oooooh, that's what I call a Non Dier. Bloat ON, Stumpy baby, bloat ON!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home