Plant Daddy

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

A New View of Aglaonema........NOT CUTE........

An Aglaonema without foliage....not so cute.....
Above....a cross section of stem with lateral bud on top (looks like an eyeball)...
Above........same bud viewed from the top down..........not cute either....
Above....the stem section containing the bud has beem removed for sterilization and placement into a plant tissue culture growing medium.
Why am I showing this today..?........because I get to teach a tissue culture lab tomorrow night and am working what is left of my mind into the correct mode of thinking...........

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Respected Sir,
I am trying to culture aglaonema invitro. It will respond in 1 month. but afterwards, it is not growing fast. I am using BAP, NAA, TDZ growth regulators. So, what can I do? Can you please guide me how to over come this problem?
Thanks,
Regards,
MAMATHA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home