Plant Daddy

Monday, August 01, 2011

My Weekend of Big and Small Repairs................

First it was the big mower belt.....(bottom photo).
No problem, big parts easy to figure out.......
Started strong but wilted fast as it was 105 in the Z- shop......

It went well until a large spring (size of a corn cob) fell out from somewhere............impossible to reattach........
Had to cut out a "door" in the steel housing to fix spring.........then used big hammer "coax" it into place.....it controlled the self adjusting idler pulley.....then had to use "come along" to stretch the pulley spring to get bet attached........
This happened over the course of a day and a half due to frustration and HEAT...........
But, I finished and the mower worked fine........mowed for 3 hours.....did the "A" job.......butt too sore to sit rest of weekend..........

After resting, I felt cocky so decided to fix pressure washer............i.e. redo the carburator.........never done this before.....
See the parts below (this morning).......HELP.....I have learned to take lots of photos as you go so maybe I can get things back together.....This could get interesting.........All these tiny tiny parts...........

Mower deck with housing removed to show worn belt........I was smart enough to take photos before removing the old belt.....
Much easier to work with BIG parts.............more painful though............


I do love my digital camera and the machine diagrams on the internet...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home