Plant Daddy

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Z-shop Trick: Color Coded Rachets and Wrenches.........

Working on restoring 240z cars has been great fun and very educational.
But it was often frustrating to find the proper ratchet or wrench size.
Fortunately these cars have bolts that mostly come in 4 sizes (10, 12, 14 and 17 mm).
So we painted our wrech sets where yellow = 10 mm, orange = 12 mm, blue = 14 mm and green = 17 mm. It makes finding the proper ratchet or wrench quick and easy.
After 3 years the sets lost most of their paint so I refreshed them this week (below).The color red was added to our selection this year and that = one half inch. That is an American size so I painted it red like in red white and blue. I just used it on our chain saw. I always thought this was a great idea and we should have patented it. Now I am starting to see colored sets in a few stores. Oh well, too late smart again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home