Plant Daddy

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Another Day Another Discovery.

There can be no doubt that plants are a major interest in my life. I found another exciting mutant in my greenhouse today. It is a dwarf form of a vining plant (some names I have to keep secret). It may have commercial potential if it passes the next 2 years of testing that involves evaluating potential problems with watering, fertilizing, bugs and diseases.

That is why steel is good. No watering, weeding or insect problems – only rust. Rust is interesting stuff being kind of like an Oregon Tan. Wood is fun too except you cannot drop it or it dents. Ever try to use the “Ding King” on wood – I guess it is wood putty or nothing. My first use of wood putty was fun. It is not like bondo which sets up so fast and then is a real beast to sand. Wood putty seems to be very cooperative stuff. Of course that depends on how it looks under varnish. I should know in 3-4 days. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Esrejic said...

Reading this 15 years post scriptum ... if I had to guess, I would say PD is referencing the diminutive syngonium podophyllum 'mini pixie' now available. Link below.
https://garden.org/plants/view/611082/African-Evergreen-Syngonium-podophyllum-Mini-Pixie/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home