Plant Daddy

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Sand Flea Finale

After ranting about how to catch sand fleas I went surf fishing yesterday – no sand fleas were to be found. They were easy to find on my last fishing trip in late October. One of the local fishermen said they are hard to find this time of year – they are more available in the summer. I will keep data on this topic in my fishing diary.

Above, I did post a photo of my sand flea rake containing frozen sand fleas. They would not be upside down if alive. At least you get the idea. I was amazed, at the bait store where they were selling a flimsy tiny 10” wide flea rake for $20. Maybe I should make some more and try to distribute them to bait shops. Anyone interested out there?

Did I catch fish? Total for the day: 2 pompano (1 nice keeper), 9 black tip sharks (most around 24”), 4 whiting, 3 sting rays, and 4 blue fish. Anything tugging at the end of my line makes me happy. Beautiful day…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home