Plant Daddy

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Three cheers for my lift.

In March 2005 we installed a lift in the Z shop. We got it from a friend who was moving out of state. For the first month or two it sat and was not used much probably due to my fear of it. However, now with some experience the lift has proven to be an invaluable friend.

In the last 2 months it has been used for the following:
1. Four Z cars have been raised and the undersides inspected.
2. An altima, a sentra, a chevy blazer, and ford mustang have been taken up.
3. I used it to load and unload my garden tractor on the truck.
4. Throw on a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood and you have a floating work bench.

Yesterday it lifted a boat off its trailer so the trailer could be repaired (photo above). Today it was used to lift my 6 foot mower deck so the blades could be changed (photo above). It was so nice and easy that the whole deck got taken apart and the belt pulleys were inspected, cleaned and greased (had not be done in 10 years). It turned a nasty job into a joy.

In summary: Any job is easier and more pleasureable if you have the right tools. I love my lift. My back loves the lift. Mosaic Mom loves the lift because I don't moan and groan as much anymore. So see, everyone loves the lift.

I have to go mow now with my new blades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home