Plant Daddy

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Oh Hell with it…………..

‘ am going to have a little surgery on my left ring finger tomorrow to correct what is called ‘trigger finger’. Trigger finger can be very annoying and painful sometimes. Of course ever since I decided to ‘cut' out the problem it has been fine. So on the way to work today I was grumbling about having this stupid surgery and being laid up a week with only one arm just to fix something that at the moment ain’t broke.

So this morning I cleaned up in the shop at home since I will never be able to use it again anyway. Now I am looking at wheelchairs and retirement homes on the internet. This is not good….. First the finger then the mind -- although in this case the mind went well befoe the finger.

Plus the doctor said not to smoke or take aspirin for one week before surgery. Hey, I only puff on a pipe or a couple of cigars a day and do not inhale. But I have tried to be good and follow his directions until now. I have had it…….. He is only going to make a little hole in my finger (that is now fine) and carve it up some -- this is not open heart surgery. So instead of grumbling and stumbling around in my office I am going to the greenhouse to have a cigar.

It could be my last so I plan to enjoy it. Can you believe that my loyal crew at work thinks I am a doom and gloom kind of guy. Well that could be, but at least they won't have to put up with me much longer. Grrrrr............