Plant Daddy

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Back Home ......

Just went on a 2 day trip for a faculty retreat to plan for upcoming department reveiw. These meetings are always interesting and I enjoy listening to all the interaction of about 45 different people.

So this morning I am filtering all the information and trying to clear my head. This was not a vacation, as we worked to 10:30 pm the first day. My butt, feet and back were so sore that it was almost torture. I was too tired to even have a beer after we quit....just went to room and slept. If someone tries to show me more data or sell me something I may explode.

There was so much food that it was disgusting.......disgusting what I ate and ate and ate....must have been the nerves....anyway today I drink water and eat veggies......must purge the system.

Three recurring thoughts I always get out of meetings......1. There is nothing better than coming home and being welcomed and loved....2. I can't wait to get back into the peace and quiet of my research greenhouse and just "be".....and 3. I am fortunate to have a job that allows 1 and 2. There are lots of other thoughts I have also but these are the only ones that really matter.

Oh and of course I get to see my buddy Zeus who is calling me at this minute......grrrrrr...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home