Plant Daddy

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

But I just want to see the pretty leaves........Phyllotaxy......

I have finished Lab 3 in the Annual and Perennials class that I direct....The lab is for 2 hours and requires a lot of thought prep work on my part which makes for good review....Things were going pretty well I thought, until someone asked a question "what does 2-ranked leaf mean?"...this was relating to something from the web-based lecture that I am not involved in...Of course I did not know but promised to check out...

Well I failed but the awesome MosaicMom found the answer after an detailed search of the internet last night...So this morning and being OCD I now have prepared a twelve slide powerpoint on the topic....these kids are never going to ask another question...

Trouble was I loved it....the answer was something that I remember seeing _5 years ago in basic botany at Oregon State. Now I am refreshed on the topic. Can't wait of lay it on 'em next week.
How someone figured this out in the 1300's is amazing to me...

But still, all I want to do is just enjoy the leaves looking back at me as I stare...forget the rest...

Anyway, below are a couple of adeniums in flower......forget the leaf arrangement just enjoy the flowers.....



PS - I will answer the question in a later blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home