Plant Daddy

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Went Fishing and Ended up Crabby

Fishing is fun but catching is better.

Ok so the surf fishing was bad. The water was the color of chocolate soup so the chance of catching anything was remote. Did catch 2 small bonnethead sharks though.

So quit the surf before noon and went inshore to the lagoon boatramp where we used to put our boat in. It is a nice relaxing parking lot from where you can sit on a bench and fish in the quieter water of the lagoon.

Then it occurred to me that I had brought along this crab catching gismo ($25 - all fishing gismos cost at least that much) that you attach to your fishing line and cast out like a real heavy bait. My surf poles are perfect for this since they like to throw, or pull heavy things. It has a wire post that a chicken drumstick can be attached to.

First cast when about 30 feet into a stiff head wind. After 10 minutes or so I pulled in a nice blue crab. That was good – the crazy thing seems to work. On the next cast there were 2 crabs (one fell out when lifted out of the water). Just lucky I thought. The third cast made me a believer – 4 blue crabs. They were the kind that I had paid 75 cents for just 5 hours earlier. So plantdaddy was real happy now. That saved the day. Didn’t get greedy as I was tired and had 6 crabs in the cooler.

Took the crabs home and prepped them for bait for my next trip. I think even mosaic mom was impressed. So ended up being crabby and that is a good thing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home