Plant Daddy

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Not Much Happening

Not much happening but the weather is nice – a little cooler. My confederate roses (Hibiscus mutabilis) are flowering along with the turk’s cap (Malvaviscus sp.). I really like these two plants because they add color to the fall when not much else is happening.

Not much happening. The crews are fixing the greenhouses at work today. They say we are next on the list. So maybe they will be in to repair our greenhouses and Z shop by the end of the week – we hope….. The Z shop needs to be cleaned in the worst way but it needs a roof first. Of course we had a real blitz of a rain storm tonight, so at least the floors are clean.

Not much happening but after a week our email at work is going again. Thank God my address files were not lost in the chaos. Was so happy that I sent Mosaic Mom and Mind Escape a note today. Now our email is not working at home due to storm so I am doing this update to pass the time – it helps when not much is happening.

Although not much is happening, we have 10 pompano in the freezer now – probably enough for several months. Catching sand fleas is still a hoot and my massive flea catcher is working flawlessly since I welded it back together. If only my back and shoulders would do the same. Tossing a 4 oz sinker plus bait on 10 foot poles all day takes its toll. If I could only weld joints…..

Since not much was happening mosaic mom and I went to the Y last night after a month of misses. A strained hamstring and hurricanes sort of upended the routine. Took it easy and survived. Will go again tomorrow. Must stay in some sort of decent shape so I can carry the 200 lbs of fishing gear up the beach. Hey not much else is happening.

Oh wait!!!!!... The email is now working. Now there is much happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home