Plant Daddy

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Random Thoughts about Stuff

The picture above was borrowed from the Florida Surf Fishing board. It seemed like a good idea last Sunday as we sat with no power and the wind still screaming at us. The wind is gone now – all of it. Now we have 90 degrees and zero wind. Grrrr….

So I had to go over to the beach this week to and check out how bad it was. My favorite fishing area looked pretty good actually and I got to fish a little. Looks like there may be fall surf fishing this season after all. Now all we need are some fish and gas that costs less than $2.00. Oh well that really doesn’t matter as the fish I catch and eat cost around $324.00 a pound anyway.

As I was leaving, a wise old fisherman showed me how to tell where sand flea colonies were on the beach. He was catching them by the gallon. That made my whole day and brought me out of my sun drenched stupor as I was trudging home. Next thing you know I had a cooler full of prime bait for the pompono and whiting. I now have 3 bags of vacuum sealed primo bait in the freezer. With the dollars saved by having my own bait, the per pound cost of fish fillets in my house is now down to $319.00 per pound. At least costs are heading the right direction.

Must get back into the work routine this week as there is a lot of good stuff going on in my research house. It has been quite a 6 week fling with wind, rain and stress but things are looking up. May have to wet a line again this week. Plus there may even be some cooler weather heading this way later in the week. Cool huh…………………..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home