Plant Daddy

Monday, February 28, 2005

Big Wind

Finished my annual report today - of course the "new" computer program has rejected all of my attempts to enter the data. Several others have had problems also. Looks like all the merit raises will go to the IT boys once again. Guess I will print a hard copy and carry it with me at all times. Life is great if you don't take it too seriously.

The winds of March are here and fishing is a no go. One year it blew all month and several of our plants started dying due to their bark being rubbed off at the soil line because the tops were flopping in the wind.

My father was cool. He had cute sayings and nicknames for things. He used to call my older brother "Big Wind". You can interpret that anyway you want. He used to call me "sugarfoot". You can interpret that anyway you want.

We put Mel's car on the lift yesterday for 5 hours. It held. Life is good. Also reattached the rear control arms, differentail and springs/shocks to the Big O. It had only been sitting 6 months since the first hurricane hit last August. Things happen when they happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home