Plant Daddy

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Widom of Youth.........

Little MindEscape stopped by my research house yesterday. She picked out 3 aglaonema plants to take with her along with some cut anthuriums. She admitted how much she liked plants now that she was in her later years.

"Gee dad you are so lucky to work everyday in a world filled with such happy plants" she stated gleefully. "Gosh I guess you are right" I added.

She was right!!! These plants are beautiful and peaceful. However, on a daily basis I tend to see them as objects for more research, a paper, a new cultivar, a host for pests, or something that needs to be trimmed and repotted -- in other words just part of a job.

Today, thanks to MindEscape's wisdom, I have really enjoyed my research greenhouse and all of its happy plants... Gee I am even a happier guy for that. Yeah for the wisdom of youth............

Tomorrow -- Yeah for 10 HAPPY fingers (I hope).