Plant Daddy

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Holy Shit It Might be Spring.......

Cannot believe that it may be warming up finally....after 3 more days in the 30's......
Might be able to get the tomatoes out of the greenhouse permanent.
Maybe the strawberries will acutally produce red things.
Maybe the new mulberry flowers will not get killed.

Ahhhh and the new planting of turnips (I mean marigolds) will start of grow wildly.

It has been a long cool/cold winter for us....
Fortunately I have got a lot of writing done both before and after work since it was too miserable to go outside. Things look good for publications this year and soon I will be able to PLAY outside without thinking about all the writing I should be doing. Of course that is all do to the wonderful help from Mosaic Mom who has been a terrific partner in all the writing that goes on. Thank you Sweetie, thank you. Nothing gets done without her help.

I was really tired and mentally burnt out this morning - a usaul state for me after Wednesday night class. Great students but it is a lot of work to keep them going. Mainly organizational work which I am not famous for. However I only have 6 more class sessions. YEAH.
But I am perking up now due to Vitamin B and Advil.

One last hurdle - a #&%$#@ tour this SATURDAY at 3:45pm.... Grrrrr..... It will be ok but they take so much time to prepare for. At least it is recorded in my 2009 "what I did list". After that I am going surf fishing with my "deep digger sand flea rake" to get those whiting and pompano. It is time...........

Time to slow down and enjoy every day.......and start raking leaves.......ohh maybe I will come down with "leaf raking back" to go with Mosaic Mom's corn back, corn leg and corn hands. I want some pain too...........and some fresh corn.........

Oh yeah - went surf fishing (2-27-09) caugth 25 fishes including some nice pompano and whiting.