Plant Daddy

Saturday, February 06, 2010

I Hate Birdies!

Mosaic Mom had her beans eaten off by bunnies and declared bunny war!

She fenced the peas.


She fenced the celery.


She fenced the beets.


She has those bunnies scared and on the run now.


But I am fighting “Mr. Big”! who is eating all the strawberries!

Mr. Big is not a Bunny. Mr. Big is not a Sand Hill Crane. Mr Big is a mocking bird who flies in and pecks at the fruit. He earned his name because eating all my berries made him fat. Grrr!

So first I put bird netting over the strawberry pots. “That ought to stop him!” I said.
Oh no, Mr. Big flew under the bench and came up through the 4x4 wire grid and still ate the strawberries. Double Grrr!

I have now put frost cloth on the bench to stop air and ground attacks. I need my berries!

I don't hate all birdies, just Mr. Big the strawberry eater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home