Plant Daddy

Thursday, December 23, 2004

I'm beet.

Yes, I love beets. Gotta love Mosaic Mom and the 50 lbs of 'love' she got for me. Who else could get that happy over a bag of beets? It must be one of those inside jokes. No one that I tell seems to get it. They just smile and say 'wow' or 'huh' or nothing at all, while really thinking 'you poor fool, I knew you were crazy but you wife too'.

Twenty five years ago I scored with 25 lbs of beets for $5. Still talk about it. I guess MM took it to heart. And now she has out done me. Three cheers for her.

At least there is no doubt what veggie I am having for dinner ---- or lunch or breakfast or snack. I don't dare ask what is there to eat.

Have you ever tried poached beets, beets and eggs, beet lasagne or my new favorite, beet sauce on ice cream? Did I ever mention that MM is very creative. I would go on here but I have to go now - i.e. really go now. If you know anything about the fiber content of beets you know of where I do speak. Bye. Thanks MM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home