Plant Daddy

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

"Weedle" While You Work..........

Heard a new word yesterday.....from my boss no less............

The word was wheedle and, sine I like new words, I had to stop the discussion and ask "what did you say?".....it was either that or go home and ask MosaicMom.......

He repeated the word wheedle - i.e. to cleverly manipulate.....

"Oh", I said and the conversation continued....

A few minutes later, he left and I got to thinking about my 2 new assignments I realized I was "wheedled"....grrr......

I ran home to MosaicMom and we studied the new word......There are other definitions but I will stop with the 'manipulate' one. We had some great laughs, she consoled me and life moved on......I thought the incident was over and done.

This morning at work one of my buddies came into the greenhouse and in the course of discussing research (of course) he used the work WHEEDLE.....I swear this is true......I bit the end of my cigar off and about flipped out......Once I regained my composure, I asked "what was that word?".....He said well I am from TEXAS (so is my boss by the way).......

I through him out of my greenhouse immediately.......I can only take getting weedled once a week.................curious? Go to the urbandictionary.com...............

What do they do for fun in Texas anyway.........................???????????????