Plant Daddy

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More Fishermen than Sand Fleas....or Fish...

Went surf fishing yesterday..............disaster.........my catching streak (over 20 fish per trip) is over after 3 years........Only caught 7 fish.........brought 2 whiting home for dinner......

God........every dog and his brother was there........I couldn't get my usual spot.........yuck.......There was lots of current. sinkers would not hold and then the water got dirty...........lines got tangled and the fish were .....not interested......and it was bright and hot........wouldn't have noticed that except for the above facts.........grrrrrrrrrrrr...........

There were less sand fleas than fisherman but I got enough using the "deep digger" sand flea rake........at least I learned some new places to find them.....

In my opinion, the beach is evolving from a high impact to a low impact beach and I do not think fishing will ever be as good as a couple of years ago.......maybe I need to get a smaller cooler.....

Oh well, got home early to recover and lick wounds......Fishing is only for fools........I think I will go again this Friday..........