Plant Daddy

Friday, August 20, 2010

My Friday..............

Had a visitor from the Polasek Museum and Sculpture Garden from 9:00 tp 10:30....Randy K. is a well known horticulturist in this area and is doing an incredible job with the gardens that surround the museum and sculpture garden.....We discussed the gardens, pothos, agalonema, philodendron and ZZ plants. The general plan is to use tropical foliage plants that can do well in the landscape....we want them to grown outside and let people see that they have multiple uses.

I donated several nice speicimens of our aglaonema hybrids for use inside the art gallery building...that is really exciting for me...few plants are have less pest problems or perform better indoors than aglaonema. Randy took seven different varieties (Stripes, Silver Bay, Golden Bay, Emerald Bay, Moonlight Bay, Mondo Bay and Key Lime)..It will be great to visit the museum later on and see how all of my babies are doing...It is nice to know that they are in excellent horticultural hands.

He also took a couple of pothos and a velvet leaf Philodendron...
The we loaded up half a dozen of nice 8-inch pots of the ZZ plant.......We both think ZZ will make a fine landscape plant in the gardens.

Randy left very happy and I turned to my former intern (now graduate student) to do a visual quality rating of 270 Adenium (desert rose) plants that she was preparing while Randy and I did our thing. That took until noon......I was rather beyond hot and sweaty by then.......

So I went to Publix and got some fruit for lunch and some to take to Mosaic Mom....Speaking of hot and sweaty I bought some Jalapena/smoke flavored almonds..........NICE........Now I am in my office writing of my exploits....I have had enough for this week. However, there is manuscript that needs reviewing so it is off to that. Any indoor projects are good.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home