Plant Daddy

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jury Duty.............i.e. Hang em High.............

Spent 6 hours yesterday on jury duty..........

My day consisted of five 10 minute breaks...........
Three trips to bathroom...........
I was saved by my jeans and jacket (kept me form freezing), a nice stash of peanut butter/bacon sandwiches, carrot sticks, water and peanut/raisen mix.........all fixed by MosaicMom.........

During the day, forty people were chosen and left the stable.........15 minutes they came back to the stable..........nothing had happened.

After another 3.5 hours, my luck ran out and I got picked as one of 18 to go to court room.........
We got stopped on way.........had to stand for 30 more minutes.............they could not find the bailiff.....maybe he got bored and left......finally we were sent back to the jury stable and told that the defendent pleaded out.........we then got to go home at 2:30..............

Good thing because by then everyone in the stable was in a 'hang em high' mode...................

I could not possibly work in what appeared to be such an unorganized job..........
I guess the strategy now days is for the 'convict to be' to plead out at the last minute.......i.e. take five years now or face 18 irritable jurors who want to be somewhere else.......that would equate to 50 years minimum....

At least that way it saves us time in the long run...........Nice to be back at work today knowing that my civic duty is done for at least another year.....