Plant Daddy

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Last Class........plus more........

My last class is this Wednesday........no more lectures........maybe there will be some freedom to be creative in the research world.....

The students get to evaluate me which will take 15 minutes...I can't lose there......bad evaluation = no more teaching(?)...........good evaluation keeps me out of trouble.......but no less teaching.....

Heard from an old surf fishing buddy who said it has been a "very bad" year for surf fishing. He should know since he teaches a class about it......makes my efforts this year seem significantly better under those circumstances...gee maybe I will go agian next week.....

I invented a new inline (chum plug) that needs to be tested....it looks like another can't miss design......just like the "deep digger" sand flea rake....brilliant.......

Gave a lecture, based on Mosaic Mom's notes, on the "edible landscape" in class last week........it went really well......everyone is interested in food....they would be really envious if the saw her garden......unfortunately gardening is art and cannot be taught as a recipe.........there are so many things that go into a successful garden.....I am lucky to have a real gardening partner......we may actually get it right one day.....

Raked a few cubic yards of leaves yesterday.......Gosh.....there have been an awful lot of cell divisions going on in our yard.......